How to become a successful Influencer nowadays and what does it mean exactly?
Influencer marketing is a form of Social media marketing involving endorsements and product placement from influencers, people and organizations who have a purported expert level of knowledge or social influence in their field (Source: Wikipedia)
I’ve read in course of time so many reviews and experiences from other people entering this amazing social world and I have to admit that it’s becoming very interesting and profitable at the same time.
How to become a Influencer and why should you choose this way to express yourself? I’ve found inspiration from the interview released by Martinique Lewis who is a travel content creator with her amazing “Green Book,” which lists Black-owned businesses and travel destinations around the world…
The question is become more serious expecially in this 2020 due to the unexpected pandemy Covid19, causing so many negative effects to everyone and most of the businesses. Traveling is become complicated and with many restrictions to inhibit a little bit our daily life and usual habits.
But we can try to give an explanation thinking positive and to our way to manage our business almost exclusively online.
80% of marketers say influencer marketing is effective, and 89% say it works just as well (if not better) than other marketing channels. 71% of marketers say the quality of customers and traffic from influencer marketing is better than other sources. (Source: HubSpot Blog)
The influencer marketing industry is on track to grow even more in course of these years so to produce an incredible revenue.
How to invest in yourself and create interest around your brand?
When I started in 2012, I did not realize that my words and opinions could be interesting or viral for someone or more than few people. It’s something happened per case, just dropping some lines, ideas, my personal thoughts based on daily working experience, readings, videos and much curiosity to the new channels.
This initial path, not calculated at all, drove me only in course of time to improve and better understand how to continue.
It was very helpful to receive feedback (more in English than in Italian or German) and to learn through training, courses, video tutorials and so on.
How do you imagine to get started with influencer marketing?
Here a brief guideline on how you could prepare your work:
- Identify possibly in advance your main goal (which means: what are your long term goals? Who is your favorite target and why should it follow you?)
- Create your profile, using a coerent communication (who are you? Be simply yourself, without trying to be someone else… you can attract someone only if the others trust you)
- Discover potential influencers : I’ve realized that it’s impossible to do everything alone… you need consense and help
- Open your blog, write valuable content so to give a good reason to others to follow you and share your articles and /or products
- Share your activities through the Social media, which is a great way to get more visibility around your name
- Choose your favorite topics : in my case, I’ve wanted to write about hospitality but I thought that only one topic could become a little bit boring and that other engaging topics like travel and tourism could attract more fellows…
I’m so glad to have discovered other influencers who started like me, mainly per case and with much curiosity and passion. Amy West is a beautiful example with her “creature” AmyWestTravel, an upscale travel and lifestyle brand covering food, fashion and family travel.
How can I become a successful influencer?
Sincerely I think that you can become everything you love to be and thanks to the accreditation of others who believe in your words and repute useful what you do for them.
And your experience?
- Why to Invest in Sustainable or Eco – Friendly Furniture - 20 October 2022
- How to Improve Your Hotel’s Online Presence? - 15 April 2022
- How Employees Can Transition Into The Post-Pandemic Work Setting - 23 September 2021